FORT MYERS PORCELAIN VENEERS
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front of your teeth and can be recommended in cosmetic cases. As with other dental restorations, veneers may need to be replaced after some time due to staining or decay; However, they are durable and can last many years with proper upkeep.
A dental veneer is an ultra-thin shell of tooth-colored porcelain, custom crafted and bonded over your teeth for a wide array of cosmetic fixes. Pioneered in the 1920s as a way to create dazzling smiles for Hollywood’s film stars, veneers really took off in the 1960s when an inventive dentist etched teeth with a mild acidic solution to create a tough bonding surface for dental sealants and restorations.
Situations for Veneers
The are five main conditions veneers are used for:
- To cover worn down teeth
- To mask chipped and cracked teeth and make the tooth appear whole
- To align slightly crooked teeth by building up tooth surfaces
- To fill out gaps between natural teeth
- To whiten teeth and transform smiles
You must possess good periodontal and oral health and be able to commit to a consistent dental care regimen.
After an in-depth consultation about all aspects of veneers, the procedure is usually done in two visits.
- Unlike Lumineers, veneers require reshaping the teeth with a small hand tool to produce the best fit. Your dentist will then make impressions for the lab. While waiting for the finished product, you will receive temporary veneers.
- During the second visit, we remove the temporary veneers, bond the new veneers to your teeth, and ensure your bite stays unaffected.
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers look very natural. In addition, the material is very durable, difficult to damage, and unlikely to chip or crack. Veneers can last decades and are a very popular cosmetic dentistry procedure.